The Altes Stadthaus is an annex of the nearby main Town Hall. It was built in 1911 and this overbearing building has all the features of imitation Baroque: a monumental pediment, gigantic pillars at the entrance and of course a tower surrounded by columns. This tower rises up over 260 feet and is crowned with a dome rather like the church towers of Gendarmenmarkt. Obviously this is no coincidence. After the Renaissance the majority of European cities started building town halls considerably taller than their religious monuments, as is the case here. This fact aside, there is nothing of particular note about this building.